Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
We’re taking a break from our summer vacations to record this special episode of the Daveberta Podcast.
In this episode, Dave Cournoyer and guest co-host Michael Janz discuss Bill 8, the contentious Education Act and its impact on Gay-Straight Alliances, and how the political battles over pipelines, climate change, and the conspiracy theories about foreign-funded interests are shaping the upcoming federal election. And we talk about the big issues facing Alberta’s future and why our politicians aren’t talking about them!
We also dive into the mailbag to answer some of the great questions our listeners sent us.
Thanks to our producer, Adam Rozenhart, for helping us put the show together, and a huge thanks to the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB, for supporting the show.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We always love to feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
Send us your feedback, or ask us any questions you have for our next episode. You can get us on Twitter, Instagram, the Daveberta Facebook page, or you can email us at email@example.com.
We’re going to be taking another bit of a break from the podcast as we continue our vacations with our families this summer. But we’ll be back at it with a regular schedule at the beginning of September. Until then, so long everyone, and thanks for listening!
- Alberta’s foreign-funded-fossil-fuel defamation inquisition: Stand by for an expensive gong show (David Climenhaga, AlbertaPolitics.ca, July 9, 2019)
- Edmonton Catholic teachers required to sign contracts agreeing to Catholic ‘lifestyles’ (Janet French, Postmedia, December 10, 2018)
- Critics say UCP’s promotion of charter schools will weaken public system (Eva Ferguson, Postmedia, June 12, 2019)
- A substantially different statement’: UCP changes message around GSA rules (Emma Graney, Postmedia, June 17, 2019)
- Alberta Crown corporation owns about $4.8M in shares in for-profit prison companies (Nicole Brockbank, CBC, July 11, 2019)
- Better schools won’t fix America (Nick Hanauer, The Atlantic, July 2019)
- Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle (Chirs Hedges, 2009)
- Tweeting in a tricorne hat: Alberta’s Speaker says being a political ‘nerd’ doesn’t have to be boring (Kieran Leavitt, Star Edmonton, July 9, 2019)