Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Alberta’s provincial election has been called and Albertans will be going to the polls on April 16. For the duration of the campaign, we’re going to be recording a new episode of the Daveberta Podcast each week.
In this episode we jump right into the fray, looking at the New Democratic Party‘s 10-minute documentary style video of Jason Kenney’s time in San Francisco and his history of anti-LGBTQ advocacy, the United Conservative Party‘s plan to fight foreign oil opponents, and the Alberta Party‘s pro-fluoride stance in Calgary.
We also spend some time focusing on a few races we are watching this week in Fort Saskatchewan-Vegreville, Calgary-Elbow, Edmonton-McClung, Red Deer-North and Red Deer-South, and Calgary-Mountain View.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network powered by ATB Financial.
You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online.
We always love to feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download. You can also comment on the blog, Facebook or Twitter or send us an email at email@example.com.
And a huge thanks to our excellent guest producer, Chris Chang-Yen Phillips, who kept us on track and made this episode sound so great.
Thank you for listening!
Note: During this episode we discussed Kenney’s voting record his time in Ottawa. Kenney voted twice against bills supporting Trans Rights and missed a third vote because he was not in the House of Commons at the time.
- The Young Zealot: Part 1, The Young Zealot Party 2 (Taylor Lambert, The Sprawl, March 21 & 23, 2019)
- An election like no other: Will the conservative dynasty win the 2019 fight for Alberta? (Kieran Leavitt, Madeline Smith, The Star, March 19, 2019)
- Kenney vows to create new provincial park in southwest Edmonton if UCP elected (Anna Junker, Edmonton Journal, March 17, 2019)
- Alberta campaign settles into early ‘grinding’ rhythm (Graham Thomson, ipolitics.ca, March 22, 2019)
- Governing this province should be an honour, not an inheritance (Jen Gerson, CBC, March 22, 2019)
- UCP Candidate Complained ‘White Supremacist Terrorists’ Are Treated Unfairly, Leaked Messages Show (Press Progress, March 19, 2019)