University of Alberta political scientist Dr. Jared Wesley joins Dave Cournoyer on the Daveberta Podcast for a deep dive into Alberta’s October 18 Equalization Referendum, why it is being held, what Premier Jason Kenney hopes to accomplish (and why he’s been absent on the campaign trail), and what the ramifications of the vote could be for Alberta and Canada.
We also answer some great listener questions about Equalization and dive into the history of Alberta’s low-key Senate Nominee Elections and more.
The Daveberta Podcast is produced by the talented Adam Rozenhart.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We love feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
- Refer(endum) Madness (West of Centre Podcast, Oct. 15, 2021)
- You say yes, I say no (The Writ Podcast, Oct. 15, 2021)
- Equalization is a good constitutional bargain. Albertans should not vote to scrap it (Ken Boessenkool and Jared Wesley, CBC, Oct. 8, 2021)
- The Alberta equalization referendum is a desperate call for fairness (Bill Bewick, The Hub, Aug. 3, 2021)
- It’s a dog’s breakfast! A guide to Alberta’s municipal elections, Senate Nominee election and referenda on Equalization and Daylight Saving Time (Daveberta.ca, Oct. 4, 2021)
- Why Tomorrow’s Municipal Elections Are Provincial Elections (Tim Querengesser, Rage Against the Municipal, Oct. 17, 2021)