Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
With a provincial election, a change in government, a federal election, and much more in between, 2019 was a big year in Alberta politics. Tina Faiz and Natalie Pon join Dave Cournoyer on this episode of the Daveberta Podcast to discuss the year in Alberta politics and their hopes and wishes for 2020.
Tina Faiz is a communications consultant and served as a press secretary and acting chief of staff for the Alberta NDP government. Natalie Pon is a conservative activist and former member of the United Conservative Party interim joint board.
And with more than 2,000 votes cast, they also discuss the results of the Best of Alberta Politics 2019 survey and their picks in each category.
Thanks to everyone who voted and congratulations to the winners of the Best of Alberta Politics 2019 survey:
Best Alberta MLA: Rachel Notley, MLA Edmonton-Strathcona
Best Cabinet Minister: Sarah Hoffman, Deputy Premier, Minister of Health & MLA for Edmonton-Glenora
Best Opposition MLA: Rachel Notley, MLA Edmonton-Strathcona
MLA to Watch in 2020: Janis Irwin, MLA Edmonton-Highlands-Norwood
Best candidate who didn’t win in the 2019 election: Danielle Larivee, NDP candidate in Lesser Slave Lake
Biggest political issue in 2019: Budget cuts
And a huge thanks to our talented producer, Adam Rozenhart, who always makes the podcast sound so good.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB. The Alberta Podcast Network includes more than 30 great made-in-Alberta podcasts.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We always love to feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
Send us your feedback, or ask us any questions you have for our next episode. You contact us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or you can email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for listening and see you in 2020!
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
- Alberta MLAs Recognized by Colleagues for Their Service (Legislative Assembly of Alberta, Dec. 4, 2019)
- This shouldn’t have to be said: We need more nurses, not fewer (Denise Balkissoon, Globe & Mail, Dec. 3, 2019)
- Alberta ignores the ticking time-bomb of orphaned oil and gas wells at its own peril (Martin Olszynski, Globe & Mail, Dec. 8, 2019)
- Jason Kenney’s approval rating plummets in the wake of Alberta budget cuts (Edmonton Journal, Dec. 12, 2019)
- Unemployment rate among young men in Alberta nears 20%, a level not seen since the early 1980s (CBC, Dec. 9, 2019)
- Jan Reimer: I was Edmonton’s first female mayor when the Montreal massacre happened. The violence was not random (Star Edmonton, Dec. 6, 2019)