Alberta’s provincial election has been called and Albertans will be going to the polls on April 16. For the duration of the campaign, we’re going to be recording a new episode of the Daveberta Podcast each week.
In this episode we jump right into the fray, looking at the New Democratic Party‘s 10-minute documentary style video of Jason Kenney’s time in San Francisco and his history of anti-LGBTQ advocacy, the United Conservative Party‘s plan to fight foreign oil opponents, and the Alberta Party‘s pro-fluoride stance in Calgary.
We also spend some time focusing on a few races we are watching this week in Fort Saskatchewan-Vegreville, Calgary-Elbow, Edmonton-McClung, Red Deer-North and Red Deer-South, and Calgary-Mountain View.
We always love to feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download. You can also comment on the blog, Facebook or Twitter or send us an email at email@example.com.
And a huge thanks to our excellent guest producer, Chris Chang-Yen Phillips, who kept us on track and made this episode sound so great.
Thank you for listening!
Note: During this episode we discussed Kenney’s voting record his time in Ottawa. Kenney voted twice against bills supporting Trans Rights and missed a third vote because he was not in the House of Commons at the time.
- The Young Zealot: Part 1, The Young Zealot Party 2 (Taylor Lambert, The Sprawl, March 21 & 23, 2019)
- An election like no other: Will the conservative dynasty win the 2019 fight for Alberta? (Kieran Leavitt, Madeline Smith, The Star, March 19, 2019)
- Kenney vows to create new provincial park in southwest Edmonton if UCP elected (Anna Junker, Edmonton Journal, March 17, 2019)
- Alberta campaign settles into early ‘grinding’ rhythm (Graham Thomson, ipolitics.ca, March 22, 2019)
- Governing this province should be an honour, not an inheritance (Jen Gerson, CBC, March 22, 2019)
- UCP Candidate Complained ‘White Supremacist Terrorists’ Are Treated Unfairly, Leaked Messages Show (Press Progress, March 19, 2019)