Annalise Klingbeil joins the Daveberta Podcast to discuss the latest developments in United Conservative Party government’s plans to close and privatize more than 160 provincial parks and recreation areas. We also discuss the mixed-messaging about COVID-19 from Premier Jason Kenney and his cabinet ministers as the second wave of the pandemic surges in Alberta. And we share some ideas about how the government could improve its COVID-19 communications.
Annalise is co-founder of Champion Communications & PR. She previously worked as a ministerial press secretary and before that she was a journalist at the Calgary Herald. She is also the co-founder of the Go Outside newsletter.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported. The Alberta Podcast Network includes dozens of great made-in-Alberta podcasts.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We love feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
- Virtual townhall on Alberta parks goes downhill for UCP (Global News, Nov. 18, 2020)
- Frustration over lack of answers on virtual meeting on Alberta Parks (City TV, Nov. 19, 2020)
- Albertans continue to stand up for parks that sit on the chopping block (CTV, Oct. 29, 2020)
- Defend Alberta Parks campaign
- Don’t Go Breaking My Parks campaign (NDP Caucus)
- My Parks will Go On campaign (UCP Caucus)
- Episode 55: Alberta Parks need to be protected and expanded, not closed and privatized (Daveberta Podcast, May 31, 2020)
As COVID-19 cases soar, UCP MLA tells constituents the pandemic is behind us (AlbertaPolitics.ca, Nov. 20, 2020)
- Alberta MLA falsely claims ‘worst of COVID-19 health pandemic’ over (CBC, Nov, 20, 2020)
- Has Jason Kenney lost the plot? (West of Centre Podcast, CBC, Nov. 20, 2020)
- This is Fine (Progress Report Podcast, Progress Alberta, Nov. 11, 2020)