Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
After a very eventful summer in Alberta politics, Dave and Adam tackle big questions about Alberta’s fiscal challenges (and revenue problems) and Premier Jason Kenney’s promised ” fiscal reckoning,” the mini-cabinet shuffle, Erin O’Toole’s win in the Conservative Party of Canada leadership race, what a return to school during a global pandemic looks like, and more. We also answer some great questions submitted by listeners.
Thank you to everyone who submitted recommendations for the Alberta Politics Summer Reading List. With summer coming to an end, now is time to start thinking about what Alberta politics books you want to read while cozying up next to a warm fire this fall.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported. The Alberta Podcast Network includes dozens of great made-in-Alberta podcasts.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We love feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
Find us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or you can email us at email@example.com. Thanks for listening.
- ‘Disgusting abuse of taxpayer money’: UCP-appointed panel exceeds travel budget by thousands (Calgary Herald, August 31, 2020)
- Alberta quietly removes physical distancing rules for classrooms (CTV, August 31, 2020)
- ATA president to meet with Alberta education minister about teachers’ concerns with school re-entry (August 15, 2020)
- Plenty of finger pointing, little transparency, in province’s $2.1B crude-by-rail losses (CBC, August 28, 2020)
- Erin O’Toole highlights ‘western alienation’ as Conservative Party’s top priority (Global, August 25, 2020)
- What does Leslyn Lewis’ strong finish mean for the Conservatives? (CTV, August 24, 2020)
- Stop talking, start fixing: Alberta’s women in politics say it’s time to do something about harassment (CBC, August 26, 2020)
- ‘This is about prayer’: Inside Edmonton’s Camp Pekiwewin (CBC, August 12, 2020)
- Rebrand Alberta by focusing on electricity (EnergiMedia, August 8, 2020)
- Alberta inquiry into funding of foreign environmental groups alters course again (Calgary Herald, August 7, 2020)
- Extinction Agenda: How Border Patrols Enforce a Uniquely Rat-Free Alberta (99% Invisible, August 8, 2020)