Wash your hands, don’t touch your face, stay at home.
The spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and the plummeting price of oil has sent shockwaves through Alberta politics over the past two weeks.
Chris Henderson, Chief Strategist and Partner at Y Station Communications and Research, joins Dave Cournoyer and Adam Rozenhart on the Daveberta Podcast to try to make sense of the rapidly changing political landscape in Alberta and Canada.
Chris reflects on how political leaders Jason Kenney, Justin Trudeau and Donald Trump are responding to the crisis and shares some of the results from Y Station’s recent polling of Albertans on COVID-19 issues.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We love feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
Accolades: The Daveberta Podcast is the winner in the Outstanding News & Current Affairs Series category in the 2020 Canadian Podcast Awards. Thanks to everyone who voted for and continues to listen to our made-in-Alberta politics podcast.
- COVID-19 Information for Albertans (Government of Alberta)
- Alberta Health Services COVID-19 resources
- Prime minister appeals to Canadian children to follow social distancing rules (CBC, March 22, 2020)
- Even when self-isolating after travel, Alberta’s top doctor says you should enjoy the outdoors (CTV, March 21, 2020)
- Alberta doctors ‘beyond frustrated’ with virtual care app amid coronavirus crisis (Global News, March 20, 2020)
- Alberta government passes budget during curtailed debate amid COVID-19 (Postmedia, March 18, 2020)
- Kenney questions airport screening shortfalls as calls for border closures build (Canadian Press, March 16, 2020)
- University of Alberta to eliminate up to 1,000 positions in face of funding cuts (CBC, March 13, 2020)