Independent Alberta Senator Paula Simons joins the Daveberta Podcast to discuss what it is like to represent Albertans in the Canadian Senate during the COVID-19 pandemic and the launch of the second season of her podcast series, Alberta Unbound. She also shares her thoughts on the role of the Senate in light of Alberta’s upcoming Senate Nominee elections.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported. The Alberta Podcast Network includes dozens of great made-in-Alberta podcasts.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We love feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
- What it’s like as a reporter embedded in the Canadian Senate (CBC, Paula Simons, Aug. 29, 2019)
- ‘Staggering’ drop in flights to blame for layoffs, CEO of air traffic controller Nav Canada says (CTV, Jan. 13, 2021)
- Canada’s assisted dying law is not racing down a slope – it is falling in line with the Charter (Globe & Mail, Dec. 26, 2020)
- Alberta just cancelled 11 controversial coal leases but open-pit mining could still happen. Here’s why (The Narwhal, Jan. 18, 2021)
- ‘Alberta maverick’ Elaine McCoy remembered as strong voice in Canadian Senate (Edmonton Journal, Dec. 30, 2020)