Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
In this episode of the Daveberta Podcast, Dave Cournoyer and Ryan Hastman discuss the latest news in Alberta politics, including Premier Rachel Notley’s response to the quashing of approval of the Trans Mountain Pipeline, how rumours of an early federal election could impact Alberta’s 2019 election, and Ryan’s favourite topic, the Alberta Party.
We discussed some of the latest candidate nomination news , including the Calgary-Fish Creek UCP Islamophobia controversy and upcoming contests in Bonnyville-Cold Lake-St. Paul, Edmonton-Glenora, Calgary-Elbow, and Edmonton-McClung. We also respond some of the great questions you sent us, including about the Calgary 2026 Olympic bid and thoughts on Notley’s pipeline speech at Calgary Pride.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network powered by ATB Financial.
You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We’d love to hear what you think of this episode, so feel free to leave a review where you download, comment on the blog, Facebook or Twitter or send us an email at email@example.com.
Also, it would be a big help if you could leave a review where you download this podcast and share this episode with a friend.
We are always thankful to our hard working producer, Adam Rozenhart, who helps make each episode of the Daveberta Podcast sound so great.
Thank you for listening!
- To Restore Civil Society, Start with the Library, by Eric Klinenberg (New York Times, September 8, 2018)
- Early federal election rumours build, by Robin Sears (Toronto Star, September 9, 2018)
- So you want to be a candidate in Jason Kenney’s UCP? video by Edmonton-Castle Downs NDP MLA Nicole Goehring (Twitter)
- The Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion isn’t dead. But delays will be costly, by Trevor Tombe (Macleans, August 30, 2018)
- Rachel Notley’s televised response to the quashing of the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion (Facebook, August 30, 2018)