Joe Anglin’s return to Alberta politics, what happens when a white nationalist, anti-immigration group shows up to a United Conservative Party pub night, and what happens now that the New Democratic Party government has implemented its promised $15 per hour minimum wage, are a few of the topic Dave and Ryan discuss this week on the podcast.
We discuss the latest candidate nomination news, including questions about if recently-by-elected UCP MLA Laila Goodridge can win her party’s nomination in the new Fort McMurray-Lac La Biche district (the nomination meeting is being held three days before the return of the Legislative Assembly at the end of October) and how Anne McGrath‘s communist history will impact her chances as the NDP candidate in Calgary-Varsity.
And we dive deep into our mailbag to answer listener questions ranging from the upcoming Alberta Party annual general meeting to the 2018-2022 wild salmon policy.
We are also thrilled to announce Daveberta.ca is collaborating with ParityYeg to create and maintain an online dashboard that tracks nominated and nomination candidates ahead of Alberta’s 2019 election.
You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We’d love to hear what you think of this episode, so feel free to leave a review where you download, comment on the blog, Facebook or Twitter or send us an email at email@example.com. And we would really appreciate it if you could leave a review where you download this podcast and share this episode with a friend.
And thanks again to our producer, Adam Rozenhart, who keeps us on track and makes each episode of the Daveberta Podcast sound so great.
Thank you for listening!
- Parity x Party: Dashboard launch event on October 25, 2018 at the Barking Buffalo Cafe
- Manning Centre Alberta Conference, November 24, 2018 in Red Deer
- A February 23, 1924 article in the Edmonton Journal describing what happened when Alberta MLAs discovered the red flag of the Soviet Union draped over the Speaker’s chair in the Legislative Assembly Chamber.
- Email exchange ruffles feathers among government members (Global Edmonton, May 15, 2013)
- UCP Candidate Supported White Nationalist Group’s Push for Muslim Ban in Public Schools (Press Progress, October 10, 2018)
- United Conservative Party executive director Janice Harrington’s letter to Lance Coulter disqualifying him from the nomination contest in Edmonton-West Henday