Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Dani Paradis and Chris Henderson join the Daveberta Podcast for a deep dive into municipal politics and a look ahead at the October 2021 elections in Edmonton. What issues will resonate with voters and what does a pandemic election campaign looks like? We cover a lot of ground, from Lucy the Elephant to equalization to centralization of 911 dispatch to the souring of relations between municipalities and the provincial government. This was a fun episode.
Dani Paradis is a Contributing Editor at Canadaland and co-editor of Rage Against the Municipal. Chris Henderson is Chief Strategist and Partner at Y-Station Communications and Research and was campaign manager for Don Iveson‘s 2007 and 2010 city council campaigns and 2013 mayoral campaign.
The Daveberta Podcast is hosted by Dave Cournoyer and produced by Adam Rozenhart.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported. The Alberta Podcast Network includes dozens of great made-in-Alberta podcasts.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We love feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
- Episode 61: Don Iveson on being a Mayor during COVID and his plan to end homelessness (Daveberta Podcast, Oct. 22, 2020)
- Episode 48: An urban big city agenda in Alberta. Municipally Speaking with Mack Male (Daveberta Podcast, Feb. 10, 2020)
- The Women of Municipal History (Dani Paradis, Rage Against the Municipal, Feb. 19, 2021)
- Help us discover the People’s Agenda in Edmonton (Taproot Publishing, Sept. 10, 2020)
- ‘Frustrating to watch’: Iveson to make formal inquiry after homeless people forced out of LRT station amid cold warning (CTV, Feb. 16, 2021)
- Wood Buffalo mayor says he stands by decision to ‘defy and resist’ Alberta’s EMS consolidation (Global, Feb. 10, 2021)
- Jane Goodall now agrees with leaving aging Lucy the elephant at Edmonton Valley Zoo (Edmonton Journal, Feb. 18, 2021)