What is missing from the federal election debate, Premier Jason Kenney’s whistle-stop tour through Ontario, and the fall session of the Alberta Legislature are some of the hot topics Dave tackles with this week’s guest co-hosts – Natalie Pon and Justin Archer.
Justin Archer is a partner at Berlin Communications in Edmonton and a professional communications strategist. Justin and Dave worked together in their first political jobs with the Alberta Liberal Party back in the mid-2000s.
Thanks to our producer, Adam Rozenhart, for helping us put the show together, and a huge thanks to the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB, for supporting the show. The Alberta Podcast Network includes more than 30 great made-in-Alberta podcasts, including The Common Ground Podcast.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We always love to feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
We will be back again in two weeks! Enjoy!
Recommended reading/listening/upcoming events:
- Green Drinks: Climate Politics, October 9, 2019 at the Yellowhead Brewery in Edmonton
- LitFest Presents: Election Night – Can’t We Get Along?, October 21, 2019 at Metro Cinema
- Taxpayers out $2.3 million as investigations into AER find ‘gross mismanagement’ of public funds, by Nadine Yousif and Kieran Leavitt (Star Edmonton, October 4, 2019)
- Irregular votes, panicked moves, kiosks: Insiders detail the last days of Jason Kenney’s campaign to be leader of Alberta’s United Conservative Party, by Drew Anderson (October 4, 2019)
- After oil and gas: Meet Alberta workers making the switch to solar, by Sharon Riley (The Narwhal, October 2, 2019)
- Advocate for energy and climate or get ‘out of the way,’ oilpatch CEO urges, by Chris Varscoe (Postmedia, October 3, 2019)
- Can we manage the climate crisis, (Open for Debate Podcast, September 17, 2019)