Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
In this episode of the Daveberta Podcast we discuss:
- the election of Joe Biden as President of the United States and the future of the Alberta government’s $7 billion investment into the Keystone XL Pipeline.
- the Kenney government’s response to the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic and Health Minister Tyler Shandro’s plans to lay-off 11,000 health support workers.
- the Auditor General’s report and what it had to say about the Canadian Energy Centre.
We also take a deeper look at what Cypress-Medicine Hat UCP MLA Drew Barnes could be up to after he backed Edmonton-Ellerslie NDP MLA Rod Loyola’s motion to debate Canadian unity in the Alberta Legislature (Dave also nerds out about Alberta’s 1982 election, which took place 38 years to the day that Loyola introduced the motion).
And we dive into the mailbag to answer some great questions from our listeners.
The Daveberta Podcast is hosted by Dave Cournoyer and produced by Adam Rozenhart.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported. The Alberta Podcast Network includes dozens of great made-in-Alberta podcasts.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We love feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
Find us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening.
- What Joe Biden’s win can tell us about Alberta politics — and where it might be going (CBC, Nov. 7, 2020)
- Alberta auditor flags $1.6B in government accounting blunders, oversight problems (Canadian Press, Nov. 5, 2020)
- Alberta’s energy war room under fire in auditor general’s annual report (CBC, Nov. 5, 2020)
- The truth about the UCP’s “fiscal responsibility” (The Sprawl, Nov. 7, 2020)
- With COVID-19 infections surging, Jason Kenney doubles down on failing voluntary strategy (AlbertaPolitics.ca, Nov. 7, 2020)
- After auditor general blast, it’s time to demobilize the war room (Postmedia, Nov. 7, 2020)
- Alberta town on verge of collapse due to aging oil wells (CTV, Nov. 8, 2020)