Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Dr. Elaine Hyshka, assistant professor at the University of Alberta School of Public Health, joins Dave Cournoyer to discuss supervised consumption clinics in Alberta and the flaws in the United Conservative Party government’s recent review of the facilities on the latest episode of the Daveberta Podcast.
Elaine shares her insights into the history of harm reduction and recovery efforts in Alberta, how these programs help Albertans, and what the future of supervised consumption clinics might be in Alberta.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB. The Alberta Podcast Network includes more than 30 great made-in-Alberta podcasts.
You can listen and subscribe to the Daveberta Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We love feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download.
As always, a big thank you to our producer Adam Rozenhart for all his hard work in making the show sound so great.
Find us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or you can email us at email@example.com. Thanks for listening!
- A socio-economic review of supervised consumption sites in Alberta (Government of Alberta, March 2020)
- Opioid Emergency Response Commission Recommendations to the Minister (Government of Alberta, July 2018)
- Academics question methodology of UCP-approved supervised consumption sites report (Postmedia, March 8, 2020)
- ‘Finally our truth has been heard’: Edmonton’s Chinatown community welcomes consumption site review (Postmedia, March 8, 2020)
- Review incorrectly implied consumption site caused neighbourhood ranking to drop, magazine says (CBC, March 7, 2020)
- Coronavirus discovered in Alberta just as politics trumps science in supervised drug clinic report (AlbertaPolitics.ca, March 6, 2020)
- Keith Gerein: Social disorder better solved with housing investments than discrediting consumption sites (Postmedia, March 6, 2020)
- Doctors dispute claims of Alberta’s supervised consumption panel member (Postmedia, March 6, 2020)
- ‘A system of chaos’: Supervised Consumption Services Review Committee releases findings (CBC, March 5, 2020)
- UCP government shifts focus of Alberta’s addictions treatment to recovery (Globe & Mail, March 3, 2020)
Ben Perrin: I used to believe safe drug sites were bad, but I was wrong (Postmedia, January 27, 2020)