We are in pre-election mode in this episode as Dave and Ryan discuss the health care and education curriculum debate between the New Democratic Party and United Conservative Party, the unsurprising recent Trans Mountain Pipeline report from the National Energy Board, and the latest from the SNC-Lavalin/Justin Trudeau/Jody Wilson-Raybould fiasco.
We also delve into the latest nomination news, including the fallout from the Len Rhodes appointment in Edmonton-Meadows, the NDP nomination contest in that district, and Alberta Party leader Stephen Mandel’s candidate ban. We also dive into our mailbag to answer questions sent to us by our listeners.
We always love to feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download. You can also comment on the blog, Facebook or Twitter or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And a huge thanks to our producer, Adam Rozenhart, who keeps us on track and makes each episode of the Daveberta Podcast sound so great.
Thank you for listening!
- ‘Say carrot’ … UCP phone bot conversations feel creepy, sound creepy, by Elise Stolte (Edmonton Journal, Feb. 19, 2019)
- Jason Kenney’s prescription for health care relies on false diagnosis, by Keith Gerein (Edmonton Journal, Feb. 20, 2019)
- #200 My Bloody Lavalin, Canadaland Shortcuts (Feb. 13, 2019)
- Are these the ‘answers’ of a Prime Minister who’s done nothing wrong, by Andrew McDougall (Maclean’s Magazine, Feb. 18, 2019)
- Canada, the show, by Paul Wells (Maclean’s Magazine, Feb. 12, 2019)