Some recent updates related to two federal by-elections soon expected to be called in Calgary:
- Haley Brown was acclaimed as the Liberal Party candidate in Calgary-Midnapore.
- Khalis Ahmed was acclaimed as the New Democratic Party candidate in Calgary-Heritage.
- Stephanie Kusie was nominated as the Conservative Party candidate in Calgary-Midnapore, defeating Jack Redekop and Myles McDougall. Her nomination caused a stir after the anti-abortion group Campaign Life Coalition, claimed to have played a significant role in her victory.
- Taryn Knorren defeated Brennan Wauters to become the Green Party candidate in Calgary Heritage.
- Ryan Zedic was acclaimed as the Green Party candidate in Calgary-Midnapore.
Federal by-elections must be called in Calgary-Heritage by February 25, 2017 and in Calgary-Midnapore no later than March 22, 2017. An updated list of nominated by-election candidates with their social media links can be found here.