Last week, it was revealed that Alberta’s former Ambassador to Washington D.C. and Calgary-Varsity Tory MLA Murray Smith was paid $105,000 taxpayer dollars after quiting his job in Washington DC five months early. Smith has been replaced by another former Calgary-Mackay Tory MLA and Minister Gary Mar…
It has also been revealed that after trying to hide the fact, Ed Stelmach signed the 2004 contract that gave Murray Smith the $105,000 payout while Stelmach was Ralph Klein’s Intergovernmental Affairs Minister.
Because Alberta’s accountable and transparent Progressive Conservative Government obviously has nothing better to do with $105,000 of Albertans money, I’ve come up with a list to help Ed Stelmach and his Progressive Conservative crew with some ideas.
What would $105,000 buy?
– Approximately 70,000 large double-doubles at Tim Horton’s.
– 39 semesters of tuition for an undergraduate Arts or Science student at the University of Alberta.
– 3.5 taxpayer funded Tory Staffer bachelor parties in Las Vegas.
– 262 $400 prosperity rebate cheques…
– 5962 copies of Stephen Colbert’s new book I am America (and so can you!) on Chapters.ca.
– 1179 youth-size winter jackets from Mountain Equipment Co-op.
– +17,000 Subway sandwiches (perhaps for students at inner-city schools?).
– 21 tickets to an exclusive $5,000 per ticket reception with Tory Premier Ed Stelmach.
– +13,000 regular admission tickets to the Montreal Planetarium.
Feel free to add your suggestions…