As someone who rides his bike to work every morning, I’m glad to see that Bike Month in Edmonton is pushing forward at successful pedaling speeds. Not only is cycling the most energy efficient way to get around (other than walking, I suppose…), but it’s also a good way to stay healthy and get some fresh air…
– Edmonton’s bicycle-sharing network, the People’s Pedal is pedaling forward a social marketing survey to improve their service and identify barriers to cycling in the capital city. You can win cool prizes for taking their 10-minute survey!
– The City of Edmonton will be hosting an open house on the draft Bicycle Transportation Plan Report tonight from 4:00 – 8:00 PM at Stantec Centre (10160 – 112 Street). The draft Bicycle Transportation Plan Report will be presented to the public before heading to City Council in July for approval. All public input for the report must be received no later than Friday, June 20, 2008, so get your input in now!
– Edmonton Critical Mass meets for a ride at 5:30pm on the last Friday of every month.
– June 28, 2008 is Bikeology‘s velo-love in Wild Ride Festival will be at Beaver Hills House Park, Jasper Ave + 105th St. at 12noon.
– The Alberta Environment Network has a list of more Bike Month events.