In this episode Dave and Ryan discuss the latest Alberta’s election developments, including the fallout from Mark Smith’s homophobic comments, Jason Kenney’s interview with Charles Adler and how it might impact voters on April 16, the televised leaders’ debate, and what Rachel Notley needs to do in the final week of Alberta’s 2019 election. We also dive into the giant mailbag of questions sent in by our listeners and we share our results from the CBC Vote Compass survey.
The Daveberta Podcast is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network powered by ATB Financial. You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online.
We always love to feedback from our listeners, so let us know what you think of this episode and leave a review where you download. You can also comment on the blog, Facebook or Twitter or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for listening and to everyone who sent in questions this week!
- Albertans want a leader who sees Trudeau as an adversary, not an ally: pollster (CBC The Current, April 5, 2019)
- Charles Adler interview with Ryan Jespersen
- Charles Adler interview with Jason Kenney
- Are we really okay with Jason Kenney, by Jen Gerson (Maclean’s, April 6, 2019)
- Fiscal fortitude absent from Alberta election as leaders again shirk sales tax debate, by Keith Gerein (Postmedia, April 5, 2019)
Remember to vote!
Alberta’s provincial general election is on Tuesday, April 16, 2019. Voting stations on Election Day will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on April 16. Advance voting stations will be open on April 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. Visit Elections Alberta to find the location of your voting station.
Voters who will be away from their electoral division on Election Day and during the advance voting days can request a Special Ballot from Elections Alberta.