In this episode of the Daveberta Podcast, Dave Cournoyer and Ryan Hastman discuss the what’s happening in Alberta politics, including the New Democratic Party convention on September 28, 29 and 30, 2018 in Red Deer and the Freedom Conservative Party convention on October 20, 2018 in Chestermere.
We also delve into federal politics and talk about what impact Maxime Bernier’s departure from the Conservative Party of Canada might have in Alberta and the pipeline split between Alberta NDP Premier Rachel Notley and federal NDP leader Jagmeet Singh. We also discuss some of the latest candidate nomination news and answer some of the questions you sent us, including our origin story.
You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, or wherever you find podcasts online. We’d love to hear what you think of this episode, so feel free to leave a review where you download, comment on the blog, Facebook or Twitter or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, it would be a big help if you could leave a review where you download this podcast and share this episode with a friend.
We are always thankful to our hard working producer, Adam Rozenhart, who helps make each episode of the Daveberta Podcast sound so great.
Thank you for listening!
- Will Max Bernier be a spoiler for the Conservative Party? Polling by Abacus Data (August 26, 2018)
- I was a Reform MP, and I supported Maxime Bernier for leader. Here’s why he’ll fail, by Monte Solberg (Maclean’s Magazine)
- Rachel Notley fed up with federal NDP leader Singh’s anti-pipeline, ‘elitist’ views, by Graham Thomson (August 10, 2018)
- Conscience rights, Kikkiplanet, and Smith v Smith, by Paula Simons (April 5, 2012)
- Voyage to Pizzagate, Reply All Podcast (December 8, 2016)
- EdmontonPolitics.ca Google Hangouts (2013 municipal election)
- Reddit: r/blep, r/sploot